With Such Prospects, the Question is Why Not?
Right after the 12th Std., the world can be a scary place. Choosing from the umpteen career routes is a humongous task. If there is any confusion as to whether to choose the IT Industry for a career, here are some pointers:
- The IT industry has witnessed tremendous growth in the past decade, which in turn has opened up numerous doors of opportunities for the youth of India.
- Various computer courses and programs are available for the ones interested in making a mark in the field of computers and technology.
- Among the many degree courses in IT, the basic Bachelors in Computer Applications has grasped the attention of many for the amazing prospects that it offers.
The three-year program that provides the student with an undergraduate degree has gradually become a gateway for anyone trying to make it in the IT industry. Top colleges and institutes all over India provide students with Bachelors in Computer Applications degree. More than 1000 institutes all over the country are providing quality education to over 50,000 students in this graduation degree.
This course/degree provides students with a detailed base in computers and its workings. One can gain tremendous knowledge regarding industrial computing, key areas of computers and information systems, along with learning about the key areas required in analysis, compilation and synthesis of computer programs. There are many reputed institutes and programs in cities such as Jodhpur, Jaipur, Kota, etc. where top notch education in this course can be availed. There are various classes and programs providing this course, and many renowned institutes have a great track record of placements after the course.
Bachelor in Computer Applications(BCA)
- Duration: 3 Year
- Stream: Computer Application
- Eligibility: A pass in Pre- University/10+2 Examination or an Equivalent examination.
The field, owing to the increasing demand comes along with bright prospects as well. Both, the government and the private sectors are open towards someone who holds a Bachelors in Computer Applications degree. You can start your own software company after BCA. Another variant is that of becoming a programmer in leading institutes and companies. Software development/designing in multinational companies becomes possible with this course. The ones with a more non-technical approach can also apply for training and development in multinational companies, along with being system administrators. Other positions one can look forward to after this degree are those of Database Administrator, Test Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer, Technical Support Engineer, etc. among many more.
Many opt for further studies after the BCA course, which leads to MCA.